LGBT Events in Netherlands Nijmegen
Although Nijmegen is not a big city there is a lot going on here – also for the LGBT community. In general, the LGBT community is quite open-minded and welcoming – also to non-members and heterosexual people. The common attitude is: ‘Alles kan, niks hoeft’ (everything is accepted, but nothing is obligatory).
- ‘Roze woensdag’ (pink Wednesday) during the ‘Vierdaagse’ (four day marches) in July. This is a day for the LGBT community on which everyone wears pink clothes. There are many parties and a drag show on ‘Festival op het eiland’ during that day. More information about this day: https://indebuurt.nl/nijmegen/vierdaagse/roze-woensdag-met-de-vierdaagsefeesten-dit-is-er-te-doen~79502/
- Gay bars:
- ‘De Regenboog’: https://www.facebook.com/RegenboogNijmegen/
- ‘Marcus Antonius’: https://marcus-antonius.nl/
- ‘KissKiss’: big gay party in Doornroosje. There are several areas with different music. Gays and gay-minded people from different cities come to this party. http://www.kisskiss.nl/
- ‘Milq’ in ‘Gas19’. This party is smaller than ‘KissKiss’ and mostly locals from Nijmegen go there – people from all different age groups. https://www.facebook.com/milqnijmegen/