Change in the special assistance from the municipality to the naturalization
Change concerning “bijzondere bijstand” with the costs of naturalization. This is no longer reimbursed, this stopped at the beginning of 2020. The costs for this are expensive, about 900 euro per person.
1-1-2020, cuts are made in and the municipality of Nijmegen will no longer provide financial support for naturalization.
This means that many people with a temporary residence permit must start saving in order to be able to naturalize in a year’s time.
From the IND site:
* Naturalization Naturalization request 1 person € 901
* Naturalization request together with partner € 1150
* Co-naturalize by child under 18 € 133
* Request by stateless person or permit holder € 670
* Request by stateless person or permit holder asylum together with partner € 920
no exemption possible .