Would you like to start with a bachelor education at Radboud University in September 2020? Do you have a refugee background and have you completed at least secondary education in your country of origin? Then the transition year of Radboud University might be something for you! The transition year of Radboud University offers refugee students the opportunity to prepare for a Dutch-language university study at Radboud University in a year.
The admission requirements:
• You are between 18 and 28 years old
• You are a UAF client or in a UAF registration procedure
• You have completed at least secondary education in your country of origin
• You have at least B1 level in Dutch at the start of the transition year (September 2019)
• You have at least B1 English level at the start of the transition year (September 2019)
• You have a study wish for a Dutch-language bachelor’s degree at Radboud University, including a realistic study plan B
• You are motivated and available to complete a full-time transition year (September 2019-July 2020: approximately 40 hours per week)
• You have a valid residence document
Register for the intake:
• Register from mid-May on www.ru.nl/schakeljaar for the intake
• Upload your diplomas and grade lists
• Write a letter of motivation
The intake day:
There are two intake days. One already took place on Monday 3 June, the other one will be on Wednesday 19 June from 9am till 4pm at Radboud University.
The intake day consists of:
• Three compulsory intake tests: Dutch, English and mathematics
• An intake interview
At the beginning of July you will hear whether you have been admitted to the transition year
• NT2 education up to and including C1 in collaboration with Radboud In’to Languages, concluding State exam II
• English in collaboration with Radboud In’to Languages
• Mathematics A or B in collaboration with Wismon, concluding CCVX
• If necessary: Physics in collaboration with Wismon, concluding CCVX
• Academic study skills and soft skills
• Other relevant courses at the Radboud University
• Guidance with regard to study choice
• Mentor program
Notice that your own prior education, in combination with your study wishes and the results from the intake day, determine the program from the transition year. So it may not be that everyone follows the same program.
Do you want to follow a study at the Faculty Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science or Faculty of Medical Sciences?
If your language level is already very high at the start and you have a lot of prior knowledge in the field of Beta courses, then there is the option to follow external additional chemistry and biology classes in preparation for studies such as Medicine, Dentistry and Science.
Come to the information meeting on Wednesday afternoon 29 May from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. You can sign up for this by sending an email to Schakeljaar@ru.nl.
Send an email to Schakeljaar@ru.nl. There are also telephonic office hours on 06 25 25 39 50 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. every Monday and Wednesday afternoon.